Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Fever!!!

I don't know about everyone else, but I really have Christmas fever!!! I finished my shopping BEFORE Thanksgiving this year (I actually started shopping this summer). Am I on the ball, or what ?!? I love Christmas time! I especially love buying gifts for people, which is why I probably like this holiday the best :). Even though I was early on finishing my shopping, we were procrastinators when it came to getting the tree up this year. BUT - we finally got this done over the weekend. Of course, I had visioned this fun-filled "family" experience of decorating the tree...listening to our favorite Christmas songs while reminiscing about the special ornaments we have. Well, as you can see from the pics I took - it didn't really go as I had imagined. Dawson was very grumpy that day (I have no idea why) and we couldn't seem to make him happy :(. Both boys must have been blinded my the 3 strands of lights on the tree (one of which doesn't even work anymore) - hence the sunglasses. Anyways, we got the job done and I guess that's what matters!
We finished the night off by going to see Christmas lights...another disappointment. We drove all the way to Prairie Village to see "Candy Cane Lane," which was one of the most spectacular displays when I was growing up. It was nothing like it used to be - only a cult-a-sac of homes with lights (I remember being able to get out of your cars to see santa's workshop and other displays in the windows). We did find a neighborhood in Olathe that had a great display. The boys didn't really mind that it turned out to be a bust - as we were driving home and getting ready to get on the highway, Masen looked into the city and said "Wow Mommy! The whole city has lights!" Of course, he wasn't actually seeing Christmas lights, but street lamps and other lights on buildings...I guess that maybe we didn't even need to go see the actual Christmas lights to entertain him :).
We enjoyed spending the day together as a family and I only hope that the traditions that we are starting as a family continue as the boys grow-up. We are looking forward to making Christmas cookies this weekend with our Aunts, Grandma's and cousins! And then the festivities continue with our celebrations on Christmas Eve and Christmas day.
Of course, we most look forward to celebrating the birth of Christ! Dawson is excited to share a birthday so close to Jesus' birthday :). Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

















1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hey - we always go to a drive thru light deal, I think it is in Lee Summit. It's awesome, the kids love it. We actually rented a 15 passenger van this year since we don't all fit in our car with my parents and sister and brother in law. We have a blast every year. let me know if you want the exact location. There's also the crazy pengin house - don't know if you've heard of that one either. see ya! steph